Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Prayer

By now, some of you who have visited are thinking, "How boring! Nothing new!" I'm in TOTAL agreement! Sometimes you just don't know what to post. (Do my fellow bloggers understand my dilemma?) But, I thought I might post some notes taken during our pastor's recent sermon on prayer.
  • Prayer is NOT A demonstration of your righteousness--ever.
  • Prayer is NOT man-centered, nor is it earth bound.
  • Prayer is NOT self-talk
  • Prayer IS a dialogue between you and the Father
  • Prayer IS a communication with the Lord
  • Prayer involves speaking and listening
  • Express thanksgiving during your time of prayer
  • Prayer is an intimate conversation with the Father
  • We may call Him "Abba Father"
  • When in prayer, I need to "shut the door" on everything else
  • When you're in a group and praying, it should be as though you are alone with the Lord, speaking only to Him. Our focus should not be on what they are hearing.
  • Pray on someone's behalf...but talk to the Father
  • God wants to hear you speaking to Him

You can pour out your heart to Him. He already knows...but He still desires to hear from you.

4 comments:

Tori said...

Lacey, you have no idea how timely this is for me! This is something I think a lot about - it is SO TRUE! That is such an encouragement to me! Thank you so much for posting that!

Lacey said...

I'm so glad, Tori! It was good for me to hear that it was timely. Thanks for letting me know! :-) Praise the Lord!

Tori said...

The egg hunt is next Saturday, the 15th. My parents and sister finished them off last night - finally! :-)

Saving Sarah Cain was wonderful! Great movie - I would definitely recommend it. My mom cried - I didn't, but I could have if I had wanted to bad enough. Have you seen it?

Beth said...

That was a very good post! I'm not that faithful in my 'Prayer Life'.